Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Spring Break. Devil's canyon, Utah






























































This year we went to Devil's Canyon for our spring break. Never Heard of it before, neither had I. It's in between Blanding and Moab. I think there were 3 other people camping there so we basically had the place to ourselves which was nice. This was my kind of camping trip we just sat around, relaxed and enjoyed eachothers company. There a cool rock wall in our campground that we went climbing on that was way cool and fun. We did go to the four corners one day, which is always fun. It was so windy I thought I was going to be blown away!!! We bought some fun souveniers and even got some yummy fry bread. A couple days later we found out that four corners is actually on top of a mountain, so we weren't really standing in four states at one time. We had a belated Easter egg hunt and the kids really enjoyed it. We also went out to eat at a restaurant in Blanding one night and I think the people there thought we were crazy! Thirteen of us all in that little restaurant probably did look a little crazy. I LOVE spending time with my family and could not think of anything I would rather do. So this was perfect!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! I had to laugh...I thought I had stood on four states at one time. I never climbed a mountain so I guess I was wrong! I need to go back to Moab and climb a mountain to claim that one :) I think you are all CRAZY!! I love that you are a crazy happy family... I bet it is rare to see family together having so much fun.

    Oh, I love the blog background. Maybe it's not new...I lust noticed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like it was so much fun. I heard about the true location of 4 corners just being revealed. Now I guess I need to make the trip again and climb a mountain just to say I did it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep I need to climb the mountain as well. Denise I think i up loaded the back ground wrong cause it is two mixed together it looks silly. We are all Crazy! But we have fun being crazy!

    ReplyDelete